Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Hunt Never Stops

The auction house itself is easy enough to find. Its been a fixture for almost as long as the city has been here. The secretary is sitting behind a stack of priceless first editions. She's clearly intelligent but when you're a big name company you get to hire for brains and looks. I hand her the info on what I'm looking for. She says she can't give me the information on who purchased the sword but if I'm interested in contacting him about purchasing it she can pass word along. That's not exactly what I have in mind but one step at a time, right?

I swear they do this deliberately! First the librarian now this one. I'm not sure if the records she needs are really on the bottom shelf or if she's trying to get my attention. Either way, she has it.

She spends some time going through records of prior auction. I'd be happy to help but they're confidential and she won't let me peek. Instead I help out by watching the auction house's assets. . .or at least hers. Anything to lend a hand like the helpful Devil Girl I am.

She finally finds the record she needs and I slip over to get a peek. . .at the records. At this range I can smell her with my tongue, not aroused but definitely curious.

It takes a few minutes of discussion to determine what its going to take for me to get a peek at those listings. I can't tell anyone where I got the information, of course. I agree and she sneaks out of my arms to lock the door to the records room. No point in taking a chance at interruption while we're negotiating.

Can't say I mind the price either. 





No comments:

Post a Comment