Saturday, May 21, 2011

Devil Girl Goes To The Library

Go ahead, make jokes. You know you want to. Believe it or not I do read when I have the time. Those glasses aren't just for show. What I don't know is where to even begin looking for documentation on my sword. Even if they have a book on priceless antiques from Hell, that looks like a pretty big library. Fortunately, there's one thing every devil girl loves about the library:

Hot, repressed librarians! Those legs look very tasty. I wonder if she knows that everyone in the library is dying to stand at the bottom of this ladder and take a better look? Well, they may be shy about it but I'm not.

She turns as I hit the top of the ladder ad my first instinct is just to follow my nose. Its been a while since I've had a good meal and this one's definitely got my attention.

In a flash I'm right on her. I can feel the soft fabric of her dress against my bare skin, her hot breath on my lips. My hands go. . .then stop. I take a deep breath and try to keep myself under control. Maybe I could take her right here while the rest of the library watches but that wouldn't get me what I really need. I try to damp down the burning passion long enough to have a conversation. Its not easy.

I ask for directions to the blasphemous tomes section. She informs me they don't have one. We go back and forth like this for a bit until I'm ready to just give up, pin her to the counter, have my way and call it a day. Finally I tell her, in general terms, what it is I'm looking for. She realizes I want references to antique sales. Glad she did because I didn't.

We spend a few hours going through big thick tomes. The librarian is courteous, professional and has no idea what she's doing to me. The occasional smile from her or little hug of thanks from me is just making it worse. You ever feel a little hungry then have to watch other people eating? Its like that. We haven't even found anything yet and I'm ready to do the high school football team until they're the ones who are worn out. And this woman is completely. Fucking. Oblivious! That's free will for you. She'll miss the wildest night of her life, not so much because she chose not to as because she's so in the habit of choosing not to that she doesn't even see it as a choice anymore.

Finally! The listing says Orrill's Auctions and the description is definitely my sword. Sold a couple of years ago but it doesn't say to who. Its pretty obvious I'll have to get the information at the source somehow. . .

right after lunch.


Editor's note: Detective Reynolds will return soon, hot on the trail of everyone's favorite Devil Girl. Also, the staff of DG productions is collecting fan pinups for the office. If you have one you're especially proud of and would like to see displayed, send it to Magdalena Outlander or link it in the comments section of this episode.

Editor's Note 2: Admit it, you laughed at Devil Girl's' pain. You're going to Hell for that.

Editor's note 3: The panel where DG's eyes are glowing may be my favorite of the entire series.

No comments:

Post a Comment