Monday, May 9, 2011

On The Road

The city lights are brighter than the dawn as I hop in my hot rod and leave the drive-in behind. I never did get that guy's name but he seemed happy when I left.

 One of the great things about big cities is that if you drive long enough, you eventually fall right off the map. By the time dawn begins to break I'm in a part of town that I doubt even the locals know about. The fog isn't just weather, its an indicator that I'm in one of those between places.


The fortune teller box on the corner is a bit of a clue, too. This should be the perfect spot for a little after dinner nap. The hot rod complains at the cobblestones but I just have to take it slow and find somewhere to let her rest while I do the same.

 There's some sort of gypsy camp down the alley. Just what I was looking for.

 Sure, its not the most extravagant place I've every stayed. Call me a country girl but when the weather's nice I like to sleep outside. I've got a wall to my back and my hot rod to the front. Should be enough to let me sleep in peace.

I probably should have guessed that I took a little too much from my date but when I'm in the mood I don't always pay that much attention. Little did I know this was only the beginning of my problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment