Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Vagabonds

There's not much better in life than to be free in the world. I should know, I spend a lot of time in the worst prison the universe can devise. The air is cool when I wake up, the fog of the between places still clings to this neighborhood out of time. I'm about to go for a little wander when the gypsy woman finds me. Shouldn't surprise me, really, she was sleeping in the wagon not ten feet from me.

She invites me over to the table for a little chat. I can't help but check out those gorgeous legs when she sits down. We talk for hours but the short form is that she's got a little performance troupe who works the dance hall that we're parked behind. She thinks I've got the look of a showgirl and I'm not about to pass up the chance to get an audience all riled up and sweaty.

It takes me a moment to realize that I'm being checked out in turn. Its not until she flashes that knowing smile that I realize she can see the naked ruby flesh in a way most people don't. . .and that she seems quite enticed. Well what's a devil girl to do? Of course I'll hang around for the show.

In the meantime, there's always room in my life for a little dancing.

Editor's Note: Due to a horrible fire at the production offices, half our staff is either dead or horribly disfigured. Worse yet, no pictures of the burlesque act survived. We're not sure if this was a fluke accident or if Devil Girl simply wants to encourage people to attend her live shows.
Also, a special thinks to DitaV aka Subversive Vavoom and the crew and patrons of Vagabonds.

No comments:

Post a Comment